TEAM FIRST MENTALITY
- No personal goals are more important than the team goal
- Be enthusiastic about the success of your teammates and others in our program. We want our players/families to be our players biggest fans, hype each other up as much as possible and pick them up when they fall. We are all in this together, lets make it a supportive environment.
- Players should communicate directly with their coach with questions about playing time or role
- Coaches will do our best to be proactive and discuss any changes with individual players roles or playing time
- Parents should allow their sons to have these tough conversation with the coaches first before they involve themselves. (exceptions for injury, family issues or education)
- Communication about missing any organized team activity or being late should go directly to the their coach and made previous to the conflict (Text, Email, Phone)
- Practice times/adjustments/cancelations will all be posted on our calendar, social media and by text.
PRACTICE & OTHER TEAM ACTIVITIES
- Practice is extremely important to the success of our program, players need to come prepared to work hard an improve everyday
- Practice is Mandatory (Illness, Family Emergency, Mandatory Educational Reason)
- Required at Practice: Eagan Practice Jersey, Water Bottle , Mentally and Physically ready to compete
- Expect to have Film, Strength and Conditioning as well as booster club events. All are posted on calendar.
- Players are expected to be on time wear an Eagan reversible practice jersey and have a water bottle to all practices.
- We will have 2 Busses going to away games and 1 returning after the Varsity game
- We would like all players to ride the bus to the games (If you have COVID concerns please talk with your coach)
- If you plan to pick your son up you need to make physical contact with the coach before you take them
- If you want to give permission for another family to bring your son home we need written permission before hand (Text, email, hand written note)
- We will have no JV/V busses for in district games (Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eastview)
- JV/V should wear their Travel Gear to all away games
- The basketball season is a huge commitment & takes a lot of dedication
- Practice/games 6 times a week, lifting, film and booster club events
- Time management is extremely important
- Totally worth it
TRYOUTS & TEAM SELECTION
Players Must Have:
- Registration 100% complete
- Sports Physical on file
- Reversable Jersey of any kind, preferably with ##
- Water Bottle
Team Selection Criteria:
- Basketball Skill & Ability
- Size & Athletic Ability
- Attitude & Effort
- Academic Standing
- Team & Program Needs
- Basketball IQ
- Mental & Physical Toughness
Team Make Up:
9A - 10 players
9B - 10 players
10A - 12 players
JV/V - 18-20 players
In order to letter, a player must contribute at the Varsity level in both practice and/or games during the course of the season. Ultimately, decisions regarding lettering are at the coach’s discretion.
Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco
The MSHSL policy for a first violation is a 2-week suspension. Our program views chemical violations very seriously. If you are suspended you are still allowed to be a member of the team but your status regarding playing time will be greatly affected.